The Minnesota State Auxiliary was formed in 1970. Membership generally consists of wives, widows, unmarried adult daughters of the Knights in good standing and any Catholic women who will support and uphold the ideals of the Knights of Columbus may join. Bylaws of individual Auxiliaries govern eligibility. Dues and fundraisers vary from year to year depending upon what the individual Auxiliaries determine they need to support their activities. Meetings are held at the at the discretion of the local Auxiliary and the State hosts two meetings a year. Statewide meetings are held on the 2nd Saturday of October (Workshop) and the 4th Saturday of April (Convention). Prayer is encouraged at all meetings. Key words to describe us are: Spiritual * Faith * Unity * Service * Support * Involvement * Strengthening * Social * Educational * Fundraising.
The State Board collects donations for the following at the annual convention. All checks should be made payable to the MN Knights of Columbus Auxiliary with the area in the memo field.
- Jim Campbell Fund - Provides funds to each diocese to help pay for the continuing education to priests and religious. The funds we collect are delivered to the MN Knights at the Men's state convention.
- MN Knights of Columbus Student Loan Fund - A designated 501-c3 Non-Profit corporation. Funds are distributed to Knights, wives & children of Knights, and religious for school needs. Funds that we collect are delivered to the Loan Board at the Men's convention.
- Pennies for Seminarians - Provides annual funds to each diocese to support the education of seminarians to the Priesthood.The funds we collect are delivered to the MN Knights at the Men's state convention.
- Pro-Life - The funds are distributed after the Ladies April Convention and are given to charities voted on by the incoming and outgoing State board. Donations in the past have been given to "Students for Life", "Caring and Sharing Hands", "ProLife Across America", "Feed My Starving Children" and many other smaller outreach centers.
- Disaster Relief - This fund was started after many areas were destroyed by storms and flooding in an effort to help where needed. It is also for individual auxiliary families that are in great need due to a fire or natural disaster.